However, you underestimated the time you had to cook. Here’s a meal that does not take much time or thought.
Baked Fish with Mixed Vegetables and Couscous
- 1 lb of defrosted Tilapia, Flounder, OR Sea Bass
- 2-3 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2-3 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2-3 teaspoons of dried oregano or parsley
- 2-3 teaspoons of salt based seasoning or salt
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic PER piece of fish (optional)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 Cups of Mixed Vegetables
- 1 1/2 cup of Couscous
- 2 3/4 cups of chicken stock or water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil (optional)
- Set the oven for 350 degrees.
- Separate the fish into an aluminum pan.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of each seasoning (garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano or parsley and salt based seasoning or salt) and sprinkle onto each fish. Turn the fish over to season the other side accordingly. Place 1/2 teaspoon of butter under each piece of fish. If using the crushed garlic, lightly spread a teaspoon of the garlic on top of each piece of fish.
- Put the water and vegetables into the aluminum pan. Cover the pan with aluminum foil. Poke 1 small hole in the aluminum.
- Place the pan in the oven and let bake for 12-15 minutes (or until fish flakes)
- Prepare the couscous: Place the chicken stock or water and salt into a saucepan. Bring it to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the couscous, stirring in the butter or olive oil. Cover the pan for 10 minutes. Gently fluff the couscous with a fork before serving.
PRESTO! In all of 20 minutes, dinner is ready. Throw in a bottle of an Italian Pinot Grigio or any white wine from the South of France and a successful night is ahead of you.